Introduction to Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing is all about using different social media platforms to promote a product, brand or service. It is also commonly dubbed as e-marketing and digital marketing. Social media marketing is a way for companies or brands to interact with customers, maybe potential customers in a social, natural way. This is typically done on bigger sites like Facebook or LinkedIn or Twitter but it can also be done on smaller niche sites that are built more around community. It is a form of marketing that’s a lot more lucrative, inexpensive and configurable marketing that would enable marketers to advertise their audience digitally using channels like search engines, websites, social media platforms, emails etc.
What can you do with Social Media Marketing?
Social media has completely changed the internet, actually it has changed the whole world and also the world of marketing. So, what are the factors due to which one should start utilizing Social Media Marketing to promote your business. Below are the seven most important factors.
- Number one: showcase your brand social media offers another marketing channel for creating brand awareness, relationship building or driving new sales, so why not use it, especially when it’s free.
- Number two: to develop a loyal community. People enjoy being part of a business that is proactively building a lively community such as an online community can help you establish your emotional connection between your company and your prospects which is essential for your long-term success
- Number three: improve customer service. Social media is a great feedback source. Enabling your prospects to communicate with your company and each other can greatly improve your customer service and increase brand trustworthiness.
- Number four: increase digital exposure. Interacting in social networks can significantly increase your online presence social media leads to massive exposure. Due to its worldwide access sharing capabilities in huge amounts of daily users.
- Number five: boost traffic. In search engine rating social media is a majorly generated that it constantly brings high volume traffic to your website they can also help with SEO up since search engines significantly reflect your social media content.
- Number six: expand sales. In order to reach a new audience, listening to your prospects on social networks can help you respond to their specific needs. This will most likely cause an increase in sales but also expand your customer base.
- Number seven: cut marketing costs compared to traditional channels like printer advertising social media marketing is affordable for any business. Remember that the channel itself is free. Managing social media taking care of all the content tweets or feedback can get pretty time-consuming and you need to focus primarily on your business so, there are professionals who are help you in your social media marketing campaign by handling you brand profile.
Since 2020 with the pandemic, companies basically were forced to take digital marketing seriously. Lots of companies couldn’t rely on foot traffic any more to generate revenue because of the lockdowns and social distancing. This led to huge explosion and demand for digital marketing and social media is one of the best channels for businesses to leverage. Sprout’s Social’s 2021 index found that nine out of 10 consumers will buy from brands that they follow on social media.
There is a lot of competition in social media marketing field. You can expect social media to get even more competitive over the coming years. According to Sprout Social, there are a few key factors that’ll differentiate you from your competitor
- The first one is, respond to customer service questions
in a timely manner. No one wants to wait, even an hour. A lot of social media users are engaging with their brands beyond just following up. You need to demonstrate responsiveness and answer the customers in a timely fashion.
- Next, demonstrate an understanding of what they want and need. And as you go about creating content, you should keep customers in mind because it’s all about servicing them and providing stuff for them. A good way to measure this is by looking at different content pieces and seeing which one gets the most engagement.
- .Next, you must create more culturally relevant content that mobilizes people’s attention like some mainstream sports like Olympics, or some social movements like Black Lives Matter and the Me Too movement. So, when you create content around some events, it will resonate with them and create a win-win situation.
DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Now let’s take a look on different social media platforms which are widely used for digital marketing.
Facebook is the most commonly used social media platform, which also has the largest local business directory. Daily, a large number of people sign-in to Facebook to communicate and interact with their family and friends, participate in different groups. While surfing on Facebook they find and follow big and small-scale businesses. But the natural reach of audience is very limited, so if you wish to reach out to more people, running Facebook ads is the best option.
One may think that YouTube is only video watching site, but apart from this, it is a good platform for publicizing your business by creating a channel and posting videos related to your business, share and comment the links to your channel. You can post live streaming videos, run video ads, share tutorial or introductory videos about your business.
Although Instagram is a newbie as compared to Twitter and LinkedIn but, in 2018 it surpassed the other two sites and reached 1 billion monthly active users. Instagram is used to follow your favorite individuals and brands. One can create their Instagram profile to promote their brand or local business by influencer marketing, creating user generated content and by running ads.
Some other social networks used for marketing are Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Snapchat. You can post the pictures of videos of the products services you are selling, share posts about different events taking place around you such as religious and social events to drag the attention of more users and increase the audience of your business.
As social media marketing is the need of the time, this itself is growing business. There are numerous agencies which offers you to provide you social media marketing services and help you in promoting and growing your business. One can also learn social media marketing and do this job on your own. This will definitely save you some extra bucks and you will not have to pay for some professional agencies.