Does your Realtek PCIe GBE Controller is disconnected get unplugged from the network frequently? Where your controller disconnects often with Windows 10. Now, if you go to the device management. There is a yellow exclamation point after the network adapter tree extension.
Event ID: 1, Realtek disconnecting from the internet, the basics.
It is irritating when the internet is down during work hours. However, it is most aggravating when the internet sometimes disconnects when playing a game. For example, in Hearthstone, you will lose your dungeon progress and have to start again.
Whenever your internet disappears, you may see a warning in your Event Viewer. It goes as follows: “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is not connected to the network“.
This happens because of a Realtek driver that does not work properly. A driver may not be able to work correctly after a system update. So, start by updating your Realtek driver.
Fixing “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disconnected from network.”
We will start by discussing a short tutorial for the system engineers:
However, if the above process does not update the Realtek driver then you have to download the driver from the Realtek website and then install it manually.
- Firstly, navigate to start and search for exe. Then, do a right-click on This PC in the left menu. Alternatively, you can search for This PC directly. Then again do a right-click on This PC and select Manage.
- When Computer Management will open, then select Device Managerin the left menu. Now open the tab of Network Adapters and choose the PCIe GBE Controller is disconnected
- Now do a right-click on the Realtek network adapter and select the option of Update Driver software.
- A screen will appear that is shown in the image below. Then, select the option of Search automatically for updated driver software.
Driver updates is finished
The Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is not network-connected. The installation of the most recent driver updates is finished. Alternatively, you may get a message indicating the most recent version has already been installed.
Also want to know PS4 controller yellow light? Click me
If you want to ensure that you have the latest update. Then, try downloading the driver from the Realtek website.
- Keep following the link and it will take you to the drivers page of Realtek. In the image below, you will see the different drivers per operating system. Now you have to select the correct driver that will fit your OS.
- You have to download the file and unzip Then, navigate back to Device Manager, and re-open the option to update the driver. But this time you have to select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Lastly, browse to the directory that you just unzipped and ensure that you check the box for “include subfolders.” In this way, Windows will now search for the newest driver manually.
Problems continue after updating
If even after updating the driver, you have problems that we have to go through some driver settings. There are various settings that you have to adjust in the Realtek driver. It may happen that these adjustments will make the connection better.
- Firstly, do a right-click on the Network Adapter and select Properties. Then, you will see more settings.
- In the Power Management tab, you will see the option of Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. You have to disable this option as it may free up resources.
Does it still not solve the issue?
If the issue still does not resolve, then navigate again Realtek PCIe Family Controller driver and click on the Advanced tab this time. Here we will change the following three settings:
- Firstly, Set Auto Disable Gigabit to Disable.
- Secondly, Set Green Ethernet to Disable.
- Lastly, Set Energy Efficient Ethernet to Disable.
This is a problem that has no definite solution. This is because it has different causes. We have listed the solutions that worked for us and hope it works for you too. Thank you for reading our blog!