How to Remove the WebDiscover Browser?
How to Remove the WebDiscover Browser? We will discuss it in detail in the article over here.
The WebDiscover browser is categorized often as adware or you may say potentially unwanted program (PUP). This adware can infect the system and even compromises online security. This tool may appear as a harmless toolbar. It can also cause serious issues like infected ads, redirects to malicious websites and potential identity theft.
Process of Removing the WebDiscover Browser from the Device:
This blog post will guide you through the process of completely removing the WebDiscover browser from your device. It will help you keep the device safe and ensure online security. Below are the steps by which you can remove the WebDiscover Browser from any device:
Step 1: Going for Antivirus Software:
You can use the AntiVirus Software for protection. Before we proceed further and tell you about how to remove it, first it is important to know that your device is protected against any malware. All you need to do is go for antivirus software that is reliable. The recommended antivirus software is TotalAV. This software offers the protection of your device against any programs.
Step 2: Understand What is WebDiscover Browser:
Basically, WebDiscover is an open-source Chromium-based browser. It functions as an adware and browser hijacker. It displays unwanted ads that are based on hyperlinked keywords, coupons, and ads. These recommendations are normally dependent upon your browsing history.
This adware offers the features like streaming service, VPN and media player. But these features do not work properly, rather this platform increases the risk of viruses. As a result, it causes security risks.
Step 3: Uninstall WebDiscover from Windows:
If you want to remove the WebDiscover browser from your device, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the WebDiscover Browser icon in the taskbar and select the Exit option if you want to close the program
- Open “Settings” click on the Start Button that is on the lower-left corner of the desktop and type “Settings” in the search bar, then click the settings icon
- Select “Apps” from the Settings menu
- There you will see the list of installed apps, search WebDiscover, select it and go for uninstall option, tap on “Uninstall”
Step 4: Remove WebDiscover from Web Browsers
Do you know that WebDiscover can restore itself after deletion? You must remove it first from your browsers so it may never restore itself again. Below are the steps you can follow to remove the WebDiscover from all Web Browsers:
Remove WebDiscover from Google Chrome:
You can remove the WebDiscover from Google Chrome by following the steps below:
- Open the Google Chrom and click on the menu that is located in the top-right corner
- Then select the option of “Preferences” from the dropdown menu displayed on the screen
- Then click on the “Extension” option that is located on the left menu bar
- After that search WebDiscover extension, then click on the “Remove” option
- Then go back to the general settings menu and click on the “On Startup” option located in the left menu bar
- Scroll down to the button on the page and then choose the option “Restore settings to their original defaults” and choose “Reset settings” options
Remove WebDiscover from Internet Explorer:
You can remove the WebDiscover from Internet Explorer by following the steps below:
- Tap to open Internet Explorer and click on the cogwheel icon in the top-left corner
- Click on the “Manage add-ons” from the menu
- Find the option WebDiscover add-on and click the option “Remove”
Remove WebDiscover from Mozilla Firefox:
You can remove the WebDiscover from Mozilla Firefox by following the steps below:
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the icon of the menu that is located in the top-right corner
- Tap on “Add-ons” from the menu
- Go to the “Extensions and Themes” option that is located on the left of the sidebar
- Check the WebDiscover option and click on “Manage”
- Tap on three dots located on the top right of the extension and choose the “Remove” option
- Open the “Home” tab that is on the left sidebar and select the “Restore defaults” options to choose the reset to factory settings option
Remove WebDiscover from Safari:
You can remove the WebDiscover from Safari by following the steps below:
- Open the Safari option and click on the menu of Safari located in the top menu bar
- Select the option of “Preferences” from the dropdown menu
- Open the “Extensions” tab located at the top of the window
- Find the WebDiscover option and click “Uninstall”
Step 5: Check if there are any Remaining Files
Right after you remove the WebDiscover from the operating system and browsers. Make sure there are no misc files located. Then search on the device if there are any files located with names like PUP.Optional.WebDiscover, Program.Unwanted.3860, /QVM06.1.3F8B.Malware.Gen, and VirusTotal.
Read more: How to delete an app on Mac?
Preventing Potentially Unwanted Programs
If you want to prevent such unwanted programs in future, you must read the download agreements carefully and deselect any hidden PUPs during installing any app.