How to Reinstall Discord:
If you actively use Discord, you may face many bugs like crashing and app malfunctioning. In these situations, you will have to reinstall discord if simple restarting doesn’t solve the issue. Here’s a detailed guide on how to troubleshoot and reinstall discord to fix the issue.
What is Discord?
Discord is a simple communication appl that’s mainly targeted towards PC gamers. It was launched in 2015 as a mean for different gamers to communicate verbally and orally while playing PC games.
Over the time, Discord expanded its services to appeal to many more users. The recent acquisition of Discord by Microsoft really just opened up many more possibilities for the app.
Key Features of Discord:
Discord is one of the most popular ways to engage with your friends, teammates and player base and communicate with them through text, voice or even video. You can also join custom servers where larger group of people get together and communicate.
It also offers different Bots which are a great way to manage the servers and engage the community.
There are many bots like Music bots and some Auto replier bots. Even AI bot Midjourney works on Discord.
Why Reinstall Discord?
There can be many reasons to reinstall Discord like stability and crashing issues. Discord is a pretty reliable app but you can experience crashes and bugs here and there which are pretty unfixable with just a simple app restart.
In these scenarios, you have to resort to reinstall discord and relaunch it to see whether the problem is fixed or not. In most cases, it does.
If you’re looking to re-install Discord on Android OS, a simple way to do it is through Home Screen. Follow the steps given below to reinstall Discord on your Android Device:
- Tap and Hold the Discord icon on your Home Screen.
- Select “Uninstall”.
- Select “Ok”.
- Launch the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Discord”.
- Click on Discord and hit “Install”.
Reinstalling Discord (iOS):
If you to reinstall Discord on your iOS device, Follow these steps below:
- Locate Discord on your Home Screen.
- Tap and Hold the Discord icon until the icons start to wiggle.
- Tap the small cross.
- Tap Delete App to confirm the uninstall.
- Launch the App Store.
- Search for Discord and hit the Get button.
In order to reinstall Discord on Windows. Follow the steps below:
(Note: The procedure is only for Windows 10 and above)
- Press Windows key + S at the same time.
- Type “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Locate Discord and click on it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Press Windows key + R.
- Type “%appdata%” and press Enter.
- Delete the Discord Folder.
- Go to the Discord website and download the installation setup.
- Double click the Setup.exe file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and it will begin installing.
Reinstalling Discord (macOS):
In order to reinstall Discord on macOS, Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Applications folder.
- Locate Discord and move it to the Trash Bin.
- Right click the trash bin in the Dock and empty it.
- Open Finder and press Shift + Cmd + G.
- Enter “ ~/Library “ and Locate and Delete the discord files.
- Go the Discord website and download the Discord.dmg file.
- Open it and drag the Discord icon in the Applications folder.
Alternatives to Discord:
While Whatsapp is a more personal featured app, it’s still a great application offering a great high quality chatting and calling experience. It’s owned by Meta which also owns Facebook so there’s also not much of a security risk too.
If your main concern is calling and text. Whatsapp can be a great alternative to Discord.
Microsoft now owns Discord but its other app Microsoft Teams is also pretty handy if your main concern is only calling, text and screen recording. It’s pretty reliable and offers ton of great features.
Messenger is also a personal app but it’s plenty good for calling and texting purposes Hence we recommend it.
That was it! In this blog, we learned how to troubleshoot and reinstall Discord and also some handy alternatives to Discord. Hope you got served with the information you needed. Thank you for staying with us!