How to connect AirPods without a case?
Airpods have definitely made our lives better and easy by revolutionizing the way we listen to music and engage on phones. But there are some cases where you lose your case and still want to connect your AirPods without a case. We are here to answer the question How to connect AirPods without a case?
In this blogpost, you will not only learn about how to connect your AirPods without having a case but there are some hidden facts that we are also going to disclose. Let’s get into a step-by-step guide now:
Step 1: Prepare Your AirPods:
For the first step, you must make sure that your AirPods are charged fully and are ready to use. Although the case for AirPods is commonly used to charge them, but there are possibilities that can connect the AirPods directly to your device without it. Also, make sure both of the AirPods are free of dirt or Debris as it can affect performance.
Step 2: Activate Bluetooth on Your Device:
The next thing you will need to do is activate the Bluetooth feature on the device that you want to connect with your AirPods. Mostly, this process is easy to do, you will do it by navigating Settings and locating the Bluetooth option. You will have to turn the Bluetooth on and keep the device within the range from where you can easily connect it.
Step 3: Open the AirPods Case Lid (Optional)
In case you have the AirPods Case, this step is for you! Although in this scenario you will be connecting your AirPods without a case, if you have it, you can use it to simplify the connection process. All you need to do is open the Lid of your case and it will activate the Airpods for pairing mode and they will be discoverable for your device.
What if you do not have a case? Let’s get back to the main topic and know how to connect them:
Step 4: Access the Bluetooth Menu
You will have to directly open the Bluetooth Menu to connect the AirPods without a case. In most devices, it is present in the settings menu. You will have to open it and access the list of all available devices. If not found, tap on the scan option.
Step 5: Put AirPods in Pairing Mode
If you want to put the AirPods into pairing mode without a case, you will need to press and hold the button that is located on the back of the Airpods. Or Tap on the sensors that are on the AirPods.
Step 6: Connect AirPods to Your Device
You will see the AirPods option in Bluetooth devices that are ready to pair. Tap on the name of Airpods from the pairing devices. Once they are connected, you will hear a confirmation sound from Airpods.
Step 7: Test the Connection
For making sure that the connection is successful, you can play any audio sound on the device. If they are connected, you will be able to hear from them. Similarly, you can adjust the volume as needed by the controls on your device.
Summary on Connecting AirPods Without Case:
- Can you connect the AirPods without a case? Yes, you can connect them without a case. In most cases, they must be already paired with your device. The case is usually not required to pair the AirPods with already connected devices.
- If you have paired the AirPods without the case, you will not be able to access features like charging, and automatic connection, checking their status, using the setup button, and many more.
- You cannot charge the AirPods without the case. The original case is always needed
- We do not recommend you any third-party apps to connect the Airpods without a case because of safety concerns
Different Cases to Connect AirPods:
- If you have iPhone or iPad, you will need to open the control center and tap and hold on the Audio card, then tap Airplay Icon and select AirPods from the list
- If you have an Android phone, you will open the settings app, go to the Bluetooth option, and scan and select the Airpods option from the list
- To connect on a Windows PC, you will need to Type Bluetooth on Windows Search Bar and open the option, then select AirPods under the available devices options
- There is Bluetooth Symbol on Mac on the upper-right portion, tap it and open it. Then pair the AirPods with available devices
Connecting the Airpods is an easy step but if you do not have the case, it is quite hard to connect. If they are already paired, you can connect them easily. Otherwise, it is a luck by chance to connect them. Moreover, you cannot charge them without the original case. In the scenario that you lost the case, contact the official customer support.