In this blogpost, we discuss the various services provided by the cloud computing. In addition, we also present the names of few famous cloud services providers, though there are many providers currently in the market.
Cloud computing is a computing paradigm that provides scalable and on-demand services to its clients. To procure the cloud computing services, the tenants pay according to the level of the services, which is also called pay-as-you-go model. The typical services that cloud computing offers include:
- Cloud based deployment of software applications. That is the user applications are deployed in the cloud while the consumers only access the applications through some interface, for example Web browser.
- Computing power to overcome the local processing issues. Because the local enterprises may not possess the infrastructure required to meet the data processing demands, therefore, the cloud computing services from the providers are procured.
- Storage services. Just like the compute power, the tenants or consumers procure the storage services from the cloud service providers to store their data and applications. There are important issues of data security and privacy pertaining to storing the data in the cloud servers when the tenants have less control or no control on their data residing at the cloud providers.
- Several other infrastructure services, in addition to computing and storage. For example, networking, virtualization, hardware etc.
- Platform and databases. Procurement of cloud platforms and databases allows the tenants of the responsibility of infrastructure development and management.
- Cloud based software development. The developers can develop their applications by using the cloud platform.
The names of some common cloud computing service providers are:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Azure
- Red Hat
- IBM Cloud
- Oracle Cloud